The Truth of Life – The Truth of Art. Reaslism in the Theory and Practice of the Russian Academic Art School (XIX-XXI): Research Conference at the Russian Academy of Arts
The Russian Academy of Arts and its Research Institute of Theory and History of Fine Arts invite you to take part in the research interdisciplinary conference “The Truth of Life – The Truth of Art. Realism in the Theory and Practice of the Russian Academic Art School (XIX-XXI)”, that will take place on October 12, 2017 in the White Hall of the Russian Academy of Arts.
Topics to be discussed:
- the “truth of life” and the “truth of art” as a basis for the 19th century realism;
- the style and essence of realistic art;
- the “truth of life” and the “truth of art” in the academic art teaching practice;
- metamorphoses of understanding “the truth” in 20th century realistic art;
- the truth of art and facts of scientific knowledge;
- social and sociological aspects of realistic art;
- truth-objectivity-reality-actuality: reflexion of philosophical categories in the fine arts practice;
- Is the truth of art a gnoseological or asthetic problem?
- the historical and overhistorical in the creation and perception of realistic artworks, their human significance.
Please, send your applications to the Conference coordinator Alexander Samokhin till September 15, 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org